link add

link add

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Understanding the welfare of a child from a separated couple in Cameroon

Hello dear gentlemen, after my many unsuccessful searches and after finding your address on the internet, I come to you for advice on the custody of my daughter aged 7 years and I have difficulty meeting from birth to 'to date, to have it just for the holidays. It must be emphasized, however, that his mother and I have not lived together for a long time.

The Cabinet's response

In general, any agreement between parents is always preferable for the child whose parents are separated. The lack of communication or worse, the conflicting situations with regard to one's place of life and the rhythm of one's days, are necessarily prejudicial to one's balance. It is recommended to take it upon oneself and try to be conciliatory with the other parent so that everything happens in the interest of the child.

Every parent has the right to have a relationship with their child when the parents are no longer a couple. The residence of the child will be assigned to one (it is said in practice that he has custody), the other with a right to visit, which may be accompanied by a right to accommodation.

The law does not provide for any specific rule regarding the organization of custody of a child under the age of seven or over. It is up to the Judge to determine, on a case-by-case basis, the rules that he considers to be in the best interest of the child. If you can get along with the child's mother on the custody and the visits of the child, it is better, if it is not the case, seize the judge, of a request, for the fixation purposes arrangements for the care of your daughter, especially by administering the double proof of legal parentage and responsibility. Experience shows that in most cases unmarried couples, the practical and daily place belongs to the mother, the reference place to the father, considered as head of the family.

In any case, it is the person most responsible of you two who will obtain the custody of this child, the other will have the right of access until the majority of the child. We can confine ourselves to giving you some trends observed on the basis of statistics, and these are only tendencies: the child is entrusted mainly to the mother.This does not result from sexism, but from complex social habits. The social facts show that, for example, that women spend more time than men on domestic chores and that a mother who does not get custody of her child will feel humiliated, her entourage will consider that it is a bad mother.

The custody entrusted to the father corresponds mainly to three types of situations: when the mother has abandoned her family to leave with her new companion, when she is fragile psychologically or when a teenager expresses himself the wish to go live with his father.