link add

link add

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Ministry of Defense presents the weekly situation report of the crisis in the South-West, North-West and Far-North Regions of Cameroon

Cin | A senior Marine Master buried alive, a deputy mayor kidnapped, a murdered traditional leader, a base of secessionist terrorists destroyed and at least two rebels shot dead.

Colonel Didier Badjeck, Head of the Communication Division of the Ministry of Defense, was yesterday Saturday, August 18, 2018 at the command of "Honor and Fidelity", the weekly broadcast of the army broadcast on the radio station. Condition every Saturday afternoon.

On this occasion, the senior officer of the Cameroonian army brought a collaborator to present the situation that prevailed from 12 to 18 August 2018 in the war zones in North where the army fights for about five years the Islamic sect Boko haram and in the western part of the country in the grip of a civil war for nearly two years,

In its weekly report, the communication of the Ministry of Defense admits that it is a precarious calm prevailing in different areas in crisis in the country. However, the army confirms that a senior master of the Navy was tortured and buried alive by secessionist terrorists in Mundemba, in the Southwest Region. In the same region, where the rebels killed Essoh Itoh Stephan, chief of the Balando, the army said it had destroyed a terrorist base belonging to the secessionist faction called "Red Dragons".

"This camp was complemented by our defense forces, and we recall that all the operations carried out by our defense forces have resulted in the neutralization of these enemies of peace," says the Cameroonian army.

In the North West Region, the military reports that the security situation this week was marked by the kidnapping of the deputy mayor of Ndop on August 12 and the same-day attack on a joint force station. defense and security. "The army was attacked on the Bamenda - Ndop road, at the joint roadblock where one police officer and three gendarmes were seriously injured with two neutralized terrorist fighters," says the Army Communication Division.